Thursday, June 11, 2009

Eek!

So I'd been doing my little naked morning walk for about 4 days (this was still a couple of weeks ago). I guess I'd gotten more comfortable with it. I did notice that one of my neighbors seemed to be home. I heard sounds of power tools coming from his backyard. But he is behind his own privacy fence two houses over, so I wasn't concerned.
This day, I was about half-way across the yard when I happened to glance to my left. Yikes! That neighbor was now on the other side of his fence - in the yard next to mine, with only chain link between us. Apparently he was working on his own fence and so, thank god, was facing away from me.
Since I was naked, including being barefoot, I had made almost no noise walking across the grass and he didn't look around. As you can imagine I high-tailed it back to the house. I don't think he ever did see me, but I can tell you, my heart was pounding. If I had not noticed him, but continued to the trash can, I would have made quite a lot of noise dumping cans and bottles into the bin. I'm sure he would have at least glanced over and - busted!
That was it for that day, and you can bet I looked around carefully the next morning. I did go out again, though. I thought it was important to "get back up on the horse" after a scare. I've continuing my little morning ritual without incident so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment